Here’s a list of the top ten most frequently viewed stories, essays and items since Episcopal Cafe opened for business seven years ago.
1. The Social Media Nativity, Dec 14 2010
2. Everyday diplomacy by Joel Merchant, November 3, 2007 (this one caught the eye of camera enthusiasts.)
3. Bishop Gene Robinson’s prayer for President-elect Barack Obama at the opening inaugural event, January 18, 2008.
4. Blue Christmas by Ann Fontaine, December 21, 2007 (the most enduringly popular post on the site.)
5. Fasting 101 by Derek Olsen, February 4, 2008 (another essay people return to again and again.)
6. Blessing the beasts, Sept 29 2007 (a brief item whose inclusion on this list reflects the popularity of the Blessing of the Animals, and the curiosity about rites of blessing.)
7. Blogging bishops and other Lambeth resources, July 11, 2008
8. Holy Women, Holy Men now available online, April 27, 2011
9. The most important word in The Bible by Sara Miles, July 21, 2013
10 Peter’s mother-in-law, Thomas Dorsey and us by R. William Carroll, February 7, 2009