The Magazine is the part of the Cafe that looks beyond the news to share the story of the Episcopal Church. Throughout each month will post items built around a theme, and our theme for January is ‘Loss.’ So what do we mean by ‘Loss?’ There’s the loss of death, of course. But we all experience loss, the loss of innocence, the loss of belief, the loss of cherished places, institutions or even ideas. We want to hear from you, about not only the experience of loss, but what life looked or looks like on the other side of it. We welcome reflective essays, videos, personal stories, photo essays, whatever creative form you’ve imagined and we haven’t (yet). We prefer items original items, but will consider items previously published – please say when and where they were published if not an original work. All work remains the intellectual property of the author.
Our basic submissions guidelines are:
- personal essays – 700-1200 words
- photo essays – no more than six images. Please confirm permission to use the images if you are not the photographer
- non-fiction narratives – no more than 1200 words
- videos – no more than 3 minutes in length.
- Got an idea? send us a proposal and we’ll see
The main this is that it be true.
Submissions can be sent to email@example.com. All submissions will be reviewed by our editorial team, and we apologize that not all submissions can be posted.