The comedian Robin Williams has died.
He was celebrated for stand-up routines as well as television and movie roles. Episcopalians may particularly remember his list of the Top 10 Reasons to be an Episcopalian.
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female God created them; male and female we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color-coded.
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry – none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the Number One reason to be an Episcopalian:
1. No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.
(Photo by Eva Rinaldi)