A nation-wide committee of church and tribal leaders has been appointed to establish a new job description for the Episcopal Church indigenous missioner, a member of the presiding bishop’s staff, and to review the needs of indigenous people within the church going forward. The committee will also review candidates’ applications and conduct interviews in conjunction with The Rev. Canon Anthony Guillén, missioner for Hispanic/Latino ministries, who will serve as staff liaison.
Those named to the committee are:
- Judge Richard Ackley, Diocese of Fond du Lac
- Isaiah Brokenleg, Diocese of Fond du Lac
- Bishop Mark Lattime, Diocese of Alaska
- The Rev. Deacon Lewis Powell, Diocese of Northern California
- Byron Sloan, Diocese of Arizona
- Colleen Swan, Diocese of Alaska
- The Rev. Rachel Tabor-Hamilton, Diocese of Olympia
The presiding bishop said
More information can be found at Episcopal News Service.