The Standing Committee of the Diocese of Minnesota announced today the addition of three additional candidates by petition, to the slate for the election of the next bishop. This brings the total number of candidates to five to be the tenth bishop of Minnesota.
The additional candidates are:
- The Rev. Kara Wagner Sherer, Rector, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Chicago, Illinois
- The Rev. Canon Robert Two Bulls, Vicar, All Saints Indian Mission; Missioner for the Department of Indian Work and Multicultural Ministries
- The Rev. Erika von Haaren, Vicar/COO, Saint Barnabas on the Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona
These will join the previously announced candidates:
- The Rev. Canon Abbott Bailey, Canon to the Ordinary, Diocese of California
- The Very Rev. Craig Loya, Dean, Trinity Cathedral, Omaha, Nebraska
the candidates will be attending forums throughout the diocese January 13th through 17th. Questions are being solicited in advance, but questions from the floor will be part of the presentations, all of which will be live-streamed.
The special electing convention will be held January 25th, with the consecration tentatively scheduled for June 6th of this year.
The Bishop Search website is here