It’s time to start the process of discerning whether to apply for a 2018 Young Adult and Campus Ministry Grants, which provide funding for dioceses, congregations, and community college/tribal college/university campuses for an Episcopal ministry (or ecumenical ministry with an Episcopal presence).
The online application will open on January 2, 2018. However, information is now available and a webinar has been slated to assist in discerning the application process.
“We hope this process is an invitation for communities to consider how Young Adult and Campus Ministry in the Episcopal Church can minister with young adults both on and off college campuses, including Community Colleges and Tribal College Campuses, non-traditional degree programs, in the military, and those who are not in college,” explained the Rev. Shannon Kelly, Episcopal Church Officer for Young Adult and Campus Ministry. “This process is designed to help discern where and how God is calling your community to serve young adults and whether now is the right time to apply for a grant.”
The grants are for the 2018-19 academic year. A total of $138,000 is available for the 2018-2019 cycle, with a total of $400,000 available for the triennium.
There are four categories of grants:
- Leadership Grants: to establish a new, restore a dormant, or reenergize a current campus ministry. Grants will range from $20,000-$30,000 and can be used over a two-year period.
- Campus Ministry Grants: to provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Grants will range from $3,000-$5,000.
- Young Adult Ministry Grants: to provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative young adult ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Grants range from $3,000-$5,000.
- Project Grants: to provide money for a one-time project that will enhance and impact the campus or young adult ministry. Grants $100-$1,000.
The three-step process is available here:
- Grant Discernment and Planning (download the pdf)
- Completing the Grant Application (download the Word doc)
- Submitting the application online (link available January 2).
The application will be available on January 2, 2018. Deadline is February 2.
The applications will be reviewed by a team that will include Provincial Campus Ministry Coordinators, leaders in ministry with young adults, Executive Council member, and Episcopal Church staff members. Following review and recommendations, the 2018 Young Adult and Campus Ministry Grants will be approved by the Executive Committee of the Episcopal Church Executive Council.
A one-hour webinar to discuss the grants process and answer any questions has been slated for webinar on Thursday, December 7 at 4 pm Eastern.
Register for the webinar here. The webinar is limited to 95 participants.