The Episcopal Diocese of Lexington (in Kentucky) has released the Search Committee’s list of five nominees to serve as the seventh bishop of the diocese.
“[The] Candidates for the 7th Bishop of the Diocese of Lexington
- The Rev. Ronald Abrams, Rector, St. James Parish, Wilmington, NC (Diocese of East Carolina)
- The Very Rev. Dr. Douglas Hahn, Rector, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Columbus, GA and Diocesan Convocation Dean (Diocese of Atlanta)
- The Rt. Rev. Santosh Marray, Bishop Assisting, Diocese of East Carolina
- The Rev. LaRae Rutenbar, Interim Rector, St. Peter’s, Rome, GA (Resident Diocese of Western Michigan)
- The Rev. Nigel Taber-Hamilton, Rector, St. Augustine’s-in-the-Woods, Freeland, WA (Diocese of Olympia)”
Nominations will be received by petition from May 21st until June 5th. The electing convention is scheduled to be held on August 18th.
The Rt. Rev. Stacy Sauls, the previous bishop, resigned to serve as the Presiding Bishop’s Chief Operating Officer.