According to the diocese, the slate of 7 are only potential nominees until the first ballot is voted, placing the 7 as official nominees. Those ballots will be voted during the diocese’s 113th Diocesan Council which is slated for Corpus Christi TX on 17 FEB 2017.
The candidates are;
- The Rev. Jennifer Brook-Davidson, vicar, St. Elizabeth’s Church, Buda, TX;
- The Rev. Christopher Caddell, rector, Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, Dripping Springs, TX;
- The Rev. Chris Cole, rector, Church of the Resurrection, Windcrest, TX;
- The Rev. John Hill, rector, St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, San Antonio, TX;
- The Rev. Lisa Mason, rector, St. David’s Episcopal Church, San Antonio, TX;
- The Rev. Jonathan Wickham, rector, All Saints Episcopal Church, Corpus Christi, TX; &
- The Rev. Robert Woody, rector, Church of Reconciliation, San Antonio, TX.
To allow the membership of the diocese to get better acquainted with the candidates, the Dio West Texas Standing Committee has arranged for three discernment forums to be held over the weekend of 28 & 29 JAN 2017. At least one Discernment Forum will be recorded and placed online for those who cannot attend a live forum. Clergy and Council delegates have until 31 DEC 2016 to submit questions for the candidates to email@example.com.
The 3 forums will be held throughout the diocese.
- Saturday, January 28, at St. Alban’s, Harlingen, from 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, January 28, at Good Shepherd, Corpus Christi, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 29, at TMI – The Episcopal School of Texas, San Antonio from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
The elected bishop suffragan is scheduled for consecration 29 JUL 2017 at TMI – The Episcopal School of Texas, 20955 W. Tejas Trail San Antonio TX.
A booklet with photos, biographical information and the candidate’s responses to a series of questions is available for download or printing.
This information was gathered from the diocesan website.