From Media Salt, a communications director notes 12 things he would like senior clergy and lay leaders to know for 2012:
12. We have unique gifts and expertise.
11. We want to be at a place where we are celebrated, not just tolerated.
10. Communication is so much more than disseminating information.
9. We want to help create a DNA of communication within the church, not just help with the church’s marketing and PR.
8. In order to do our job well, we need a “seat at the table.”
7. Please don’t second guess every color or font decision I make.
6. We see things – quality and excellence things – that you and others on staff don’t.
5. You have to inspire us!
4. We need to be inspired.
3. We need you to pay us.
2. Although we like to act like it, we don’t have it all together.
1. We are so grateful to be on your team and to be using our gifts to expand the kingdom.
Read here to know the details of each point.