Episcopal Women's History Project has published snapshots of women in the Episcopal Church in various eras from 1655 to 2005:
The national council turns the Women's Auxiliary into the General Division of Women's Work, and local and diocesan Auxiliary units have become the Episcopal Church Women. ECW has merged its segregated structures.
Women can now earn the B.D. degree at some of the seminaries of the Church, and the separate training programs at Windham House and St. Margaret's are planning to close.
Carman St. John Hunter is serving as the Chief Executive for Education in the Church
Women continue their parish ministries and guilds, leading in parish life and Christian education, serving at diocesan conventions and provincial synods, publishing religious materials, teaching in church schools and Sunday Schools, serving as organists and choir directors or members, serving as domestic and foreign missionaries, joining and founding religious orders, running hospitals and other social service institutions, and funding the United Thank Offering and other ministries.
Women are serving on vestries and may be licensed as lay readers, but only in "isolated areas."
Deaconesses may marry without leaving their ministry and are recognized as being "in orders."