1. Holy roller burns Bible.
2. In 2004, the top twenty-five hedge fund managers combined appear to have earned more than all of the CEOs from the entire S&P 500. And, how did that come to be?
3. All-white juries acquit whites more often and are less favorable to black versus white defendants when compared to juries with at least one black member.
4. Last week's Pew survey on the influence of religion on Americans' policy views is notable for revealing how little influence there is.
5. Altruism increases when the recipient can ask.
6. Calvinism encourages a mindset focused on details rather than the big picture..
I found #6 really fascinating. [Esp. that Conservative Calvinists, and Conservative-Calvinists-Turned-Atheists, view the Big Picture much the same: they don't!]
If there's a Big Picture atheist scientist in the house (she knows who she is! ;-p), I'd love her imput on this.
September 23, 2010 11:03 PM
(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)
Reminder: At Episcopal Café, we hope to establish an ethic of transparency by
requiring all contributors and commentators to make submissions under their real
names. For more details see our Feedback Policy.
Remember personal info?
Comments: (you may use HTML tags for style)