UPDATE: Thinking Anglicans has the Presiding Bishop's UK itinerary here. She is currently in the UK after having spoken to the Canadian General Synod yesterday. There are clearly signals being sent to the ABC by these hosts.
Today's theme: News of or about the Church of England.
1. A vicar has placed adverts encouraging people to get married in his rural church, in an attempt to claw back wedding business from country homes and hotels. Includes this message: ''We usually only marry those who have not been married before or are widowed but we can discuss other options with divorcees.''
2. Traditionalists have expressed their dismay over the likelihood divorced bishops will be permitted for first time by Church of England. Some claim it is more controversial than appointing homosexual bishops.
Be it resolved that this General Synod:4. Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori will preach and preside at the 11AM Eucharist at Southwark Cathedral this coming Sunday.
1. Affirm the commitment of the Anglican Church of Canada to full participation in the life and mission of the Anglican Communion; and
2. Will consider a formal decision to adopt the proposed Anglican Covenant after the Church of England has formally adopted it.
5. The Bishop of Blackburn said people should have an annual allocation of air miles, limiting their travel, with levels bar-coded onto passports. He has asked vicars to appeal to their congregations for people interested in a trip he is leading - with 30 parishioners signing up so far. The party will travel the more than 1,600 miles flying from Manchester to Istanbul on a Turkish Airlines flight.
Off topic bonus links
6. A physicist's argument against polytheism: " there can be at most one omniscient god. If there were two, they're be able to read each others' minds and run into paradoxes of circularity. ... reread your John Milton."
7. Heavy gamers [substitute: bloggers] have reactions of a jet pilot and the body of a 60 year old chain smoker.
8. Sexually abuse a child, get an annuity.